Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year New Me

For the past 13 years I have struggled with obesity. 2011 is my year to gain control. Control over my body, my mind, and my health. I love my 3 girls too much to let them develop my bad habits that will consume them as they have me. I will be the role model for them that they deserve.

My weight issues have caused me nothing but grief in the following ways: (ok, Intervention)

1. I hurt. My excessive weight causes my body to feel lazy, lethargic, and I just never seem to feel good anymore physically. Here lately my feet feel like they constantly have stone bruises. Ouch.

2. I am rarely happy. Depression has been a permanent fixture in my life for several years now. I am so ready to truly feel happy again.

3. I do not recognize myself in the mirror anymore. Who is this old chubby chic staring back at me? And who is this in the photo being tagged on facebook.....ugggg...DELETE!

4. I do not take part in activities that I used to enjoy. I miss dancing, roller skating, running, climbing Pinnacle, swimming, dressing up for special events....etc.....

5. Guilt. I know that my bad food choices and lack of exercise is not being a good role model for my 3 daughters. I do NOT want them to suffer from this because of me.

So here I am January 1, 2011, and I am setting a huge goal for myself to lose 100 lbs in 1 year. I am off to a great start and am so excited about the journey to lose this weight forever. I hope that with this blog I can not only help myself but others. I plan on taking many pictures and sharing my meals, struggles, accomplishments, and weight losses each week with you.

Here is a glimpse of my food choices today:

Breakfast was:

2 turkey sausage patties
1 poached egg white
2 slices toast
1/4 cup mandarin oranges
Water

Lunch:

Grilled Chicken Breast
1 Claussen Pickle
Water w/ Cranberry Apple Drink Packet ( sooo good )

Snack:

Fiber One Chewy Bar
Water

Dinner:

1 small slice ham
1/4 cup mashed potatoes
1 cup black eyed peas
Water
Diet Mt. Dew- ( my only 1 today...this is a success for me!)

And....no chocolate or sweets, another big deal.

Now, I am anxious for Day 2! :)

2 comments:

  1. Katie! I look forward to watching you meet your goal and finding happiness within yourself. You're very inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it girly and you know that I am always there for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete