Today I took my birthday cash and actually spent it on me! Most of the time I buy my kids stuff, pay a bill, or buy groceries with it...but not this time!
My little sis Holly is 1 week from graduating beauty school so I went to see her for a haircut and a pedicure. My hair had gotten so long from being neglected so I got a lot of length cut off. The pedicure was relaxing and so worth it! My toes actually look cute instead of their normal crypt keeper appearance. haha
As a mom, I tend to neglect myself and always give and give to my kids, and feel guilty about taking care of myself. Not anymore people! It is hard to love myself when I treat myself so poorly!!! Taking care of my basic needs is the least I can do for myself. Have you slacked on your grooming since your weight gain, or from being a mom?
It is the little things that I have made a vow to do for myself from now on...and here they are:
1. Keep hand and body lotion my bed to help me remember to moisturize my hands....my hands are starting to look ashy and old and I always forget about them!
2. Make and keep regular hair appointments
3. Shave my legs regularly...even in the winter time. Brian will love this one.
4. Remember all vitamins and supplements
5. Most Important: Give myself a BREAK. Love myself...flaws and all. Accept me for me... and Smile! :)
Here is a look at the party in my tummy today:
1/2 whole wheat tortilla
2 turkey sausage links
1 slice of reduced fat colby cheese
Monster energy drink (low carb)--I know, not so healthy...but I was curious if it would give me a boost. I was not impressed personally.
S: Fruit & Nut Bar and water
1 whole wheat wrap with fresh baby spinach, cheese, turkey. This tasted amazing!
4 oz baked tomato & basil chicken
baked spicy asparagus with drizzle of olive oil
spinach salad with green olives, green onions, cheese, croutons, and ranch
Water, Water , Water late in the day...and chewing on key lime pie extra gum--my fave
No exercise tonight--gotta get ready for the 1st day of spring semester. :)